Saturday, August 2, 2008

Family Reunion Adventures . . . and then some!

It's all over but the memories--and there are lots of good ones. Of course, the most memorable for me was tipping out of the canoe not just once, but twice! By the time we finished the river float trip my back and legs were killing me and I didn't know if I'd even be able to get out of the canoe. So I guess it was a blessing in disguise when Pete accidentally rocked the boat getting out and spilled me into the cold water AGAIN! The adrenalin kicked in and I jumped right up and forgot all about my aching back. [How's that for looking on the BRIGHT side of the situation?]

We survived our FIRST dunking to enjoy the rest of the river float trip.

My camera isn't working since it's river trip dip, but I was able to retrieve all the pictures I had taken previously, so I wanted to include here a few of my favorites. I've ordered a new camera and Pete is going to see if someone can repair the old one so he'll have one to take photos to his heart's content out at the feedlot. I've been pretty stingy about sending my camera off with him to the feedlot.


Tyler gets up close and personal for a bonding experience with Mr. Monkey!


Sadie picked a petunia and Debbie put it behind her ear so she'd look like a Hawaiian beauty. The next thing we knew, Saide was picking more flowers and poking them INSIDE her ears! What a cute, funny girl.


Eliza, Ryan and Parker getting cooled off.


Drew's BIG smile is a reflection of how much fun the kids had in the inflatable jumping house. Is that Debbie on the edge at the far right keeping an eye on things???

Grace and Nikki--two tie-dye cuties.

The treat bottles await their fate.

Tons of fun for all at the sand hill near Inskeep's Willow Inn.

Two more adorable tie-dye gals--Marilyn and K.

Looks like Buddy is amazing Grace with his daredevil antics.

Austin prowls around looking for adventure.

We love you so much and appreciate all you did to help make the family reunion memorable and enjoyable. It was a cooperative effort with everyone pitching in to help with the food and entertainment, cleanup, etc. We loved being at the Inskeep lodge--the perfect setting and situation for a wonderful family gathering. We loved being able to spend time with all of you. We really missed Aaron. I think Doug was there as our "guardian angel" with his hands full keeping us all safe. We feel greatly blessed to have each of you in our family. Hope we can gather up enough strength and courage to do it again next summer!

3 comments:

Lorie said...

What fun pictures! I think the one of you and Peter was the last I took before the camera froze up...good thing it's a good one. Thanks for all the good times. I like how you look on the positive side of things when you were dumped from the canoe a second time. What a trooper!

Steve and Denise said...

I love all your pictures. We'll get some of ours posted soon. We're getting ready for a ward dinner at our house this week.

Debbie said...

Mom thanks so much for the incredibly fun reunion week. I love all of your great pictures. I'm glad that you were able to salvage them from your camera. How exciting that you're getting a new one too! Miss you!