Saturday, April 30, 2011

OVER THE RAINBOW!!!

On Wednesday I left Shelley around 8:30, stopped in Elwood to pick up Denise and she drove us to Bountiful to get Brenda and then on to Lehi and Thanksgiving Point's Tulip Festival.  We went to the Gardens Visitor Center and had lunch at the Trellis Cafe--a very delicious sandwich and amazing sweet potato french fries.  When we went out onto the patio it was like stepping over the rainbow into a world of beautiful colors.  After the drabness of Idaho spring, it seemed like heaven.  It was a little bit chilly, but the sun was shining and just a light breeze.

We decided to rent a golf cart to get around the 50+ acres.  That was a good plan, and I loved driving--felt right at home behind the wheel!  I'd say it was almost as good as a Disneyland ride!


I was so amazed at the mountain-waterfall area that had been created.  It was spectacular!  You could drive up over the top of the "mountain."


It was especially pretty the way they had planted the blue pansies and other shorter flowers around the base of the tulips: 

It would also be very beautiful there later in the summer when all the trees are in leaf.  It's just an amazing place.  I loved the few hours that we spent there.  Will have to do it again next year!  After dropping off Brenda and then Denise, I continued on to Shelley and arrived home before dark.  I listened to music CD's and sang along to my heart's content.  A VERY SPECIAL DAY!  Made me want to plant hundreds of bulbs around my yard!  We'll see.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a fun day. Beautiful flowers--I'm glad that you got a little bet-away.