Thursday, May 26, 2011

SUMMER MAGIC!

A beautiful summer day in Kingsport, Tennessee,
with the DeBry Family

Grace and Michael cool off in the pool

 Grandpa with Peter and William sample the yummy watermelon

 Grace and Marilyn relax in the porch swing

 KK eats her watermelon with great gusto!

Parker experiments with magnifying glass fire starting--
he got smoke!
(he also was suffering in silence with brand new braces on his teeth) 

 Eliza soaks up the sun while reading a novel

Of course, we went especially to see the newest DeBry--but I didn't get any photos of Clark!  Pretty lame.  None of David either.  And the one of me wasn't worth publishing :)  I'll try and do better next time.  It felt good to spend a few days with our Tennessee family.  I gained several pounds eating Marilyn's delicious cinnamon rolls!  (I couldn't leave them alone.)  Pete and I slept in the "sun room" with all the windows blocked out for movie watching on the VERY BIG SCREEN.  We watched the first installment of "Little Dorrit"--it was a British film and David had to put up the subtitles until we figured out what was going on and could get accustomed to the accent.  (The darkened windows made it very easy to sleep-in, which I did each morning we were there.  Very nice.)   We left early Sunday and were very happy to miss the terrible storm that night.  Shelley looked good to us and I love the way my hair acts in this dry climate--it was pretty strange-looking most of the trip!

2 comments:

RC inskeep said...

love the pics....looks like a lot of fun. looks like dad and william and peter all have the same "light" hair.

Steve and Denise said...

Looks like you all had a great trip!