Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BEING CREATIVE

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
Pres. Uchtdorf--September 2008
That's how I feel when looking at this photo I took last week. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's message at Relief Society Conference. He also said that what we create doesn't have to be perfect: "Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of the critics paralyze you--whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside."

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That picture is beautiful. I really loved his talk. I love to create things and often do get bogged down when they don't turn out quite right. I guess I need to focus more on how much I enjoy the process. Thanks Mom for the inspiration.

Debbie said...

Mom, I love that picture. You are an inspiration to me with all your amazing creativity. Something I do too often is let fear of failure stop me from starting so many projects. I'm going to try and be better about that!