I love this photo of the pond and the sky on Labor Day.
I really feel now like the pond and area around it has reached what I dreamed about
when Chris and I first began making plans for it. I love the feeling I get out there
and am so happy that we have kept working at it over the years.
There are still a few more things I'd like to do, but for the most part it is
"practically perfect in every way." (quote from Mary Poppins)
Lorie with Cole near the eating area. We set up tables under and around the weeping willow. That tree is becoming my favorite--I love the feeling of being able to sit under it
and the graceful way the branches hang and sway in the breeze.
Kate was having a good time and especially loved the treat table--
as did all the kids of ALL ages!
Cole and Ryan were enjoying swinging in the hammock until I tried to get their picture . . . then Cole decided he had had enough fun for a while.
Austin loved the never-ending supply of cold soft drinks and was smiling all day!
The family volleyball games were lots of fun for everyone.
The Peter Cannon family was in great shape after practicing all morning,
so they were up to the challenge of the Alan Cannon Family
and were able to come out on top in the best of 5 series.
The little "duckys" that Richard and Lorie brought from BYU-I were big hits on the water.
Aunt Charlotte got involved, too, and her sound effects added to the fun!
My camera batteries lost power too soon (maybe from trying to do so many videos),
so I missed filming a lot of special activities--just have to keep them in the memory file.
We may need to make this an annual tradition!
1 comment:
You sure know how to throw a fun party!!! Love the pond!
Post a Comment