Monday, August 16, 2010

TETON TRAILS

MY BOYS: Pete, Blaine, Steve, Jacob, Austin, Richard . . .
. . . and DOUG!
This is a picture of Doug getting ready to ride at the same corral area where Pete and the boys camped last weekend. I couldn't help thinking about him A LOT and the times we had spent together in that area.

I lined up a motel in Driggs Friday night and then drove to the Teton Camp Ground just past Treasure Mountain Scout camp and waited for the riders to return from their Buck Mountain ride. I'm sure Steve will tell about some of the adventures on the trail. Brice Angel and the Albertsons fixed us a great supper; then Pete and I went back to the motel. It rained that night, but everyone slept snuggly.

The next morning Pete and I returned to the camp. It was a beautiful, cool and clear day. Brice was cooking up some French toast while Mark fried a HUGE stack of bacon--called it Bacon Mountain! And we devoured it. I left to return to Shelley; Blaine headed up to Sun Valley to join Nikki and relatives; Richard and Austin drove back to Rexburg; Steve, Jacob and Pete stayed for another horse ride and then came back to Shelley in the afternoon. It sounded like everyone had a wonderful time.
I love this photo of Brice, Austin, Blaine and Jacob:

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I wish I could blow up and save some of these! They are so great! Hope you are feeling better.