Saturday, March 27, 2010

Change of Scenery

Here's a couple photos from our trip to Boise for the state HS basketball tournament. It was fun watching Seth watching his son play for the Shelley team.


McKay, left in black, has some of his Dad's "moves" on the basketball court.

While in Boise we visited the State Capitol Building. It has recently been renovated and remodeled and is really a beautiful building.

One of the legislature chambers . . . House or Senate?
I especially loved the amazing ceilings. This one was in the room pictured above.
This view is from the lower floor looking up at the central dome of the capitol.

It was an enjoyable 3-days of fun games, good company (we met several friends from the past who are now living in the Boise area including Joel Hammer), and a bit of sight-seeing. The only thing missing was GOOD FOOD!!! Pete was so excited that our hotel room had a fridge and stove that he went grocery shopping the first night we were there so we could have all our meals in the room! Boooooooooo! Our only meal "out" was concessions at one of the basketball games. But Pete made up for it by taking all of us around here (Chris, Ryan, Richard & family) to Sizzler for supper after we got back in town. Fun times!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, that photo of Seth is classic. And does that sound like dad or what? Grocery shopping on vacation. I laughed out loud at that, mom! The capitol does look beautiful. And where did the photo on your header come from? Gorgeous!

Arlene said...

I got it from Flickr on the internet. It is a photo taken somewhere in Ireland. I wish I could get my pond looking like that!

Steve and Denise said...

Sounds like a fun trip--cool pictures--Steve must follow his dad's example with grocery shopping on vacation. :)