I feel like a new mom taking pictures of her BABY . . . wish I could hear all the "ooohing and aahing" . . . isn't he cute! (So far I haven't tried any clothes on him.)
Relaxing in the driveway.
Tip-toeing through the Tulips.
Hiding in the bushes.
Enjoying the yummy grasses.
King of the River Front.The full scoop: Fritz belonged to the family of a cousin of Pete's who lived in Denise & Steve's neighborhood in Elwood. They were moving from their home to an apartment and couldn't take their dogs, and Denise & Steve knew that I was thinking about getting a dog this spring, so the whole deal worked out good for everyone. Fritz was a puppy when the Nelson's got him and he is about 5 now, so it was hard for their family to say goodbye to him. Fritz is part red heeler and part German shepherd. This is MY first dog since I was a kid. My kids have had dogs, but this is my first in a l-o-n-g time. I have always loved dogs. I had several in Rigby: Lucky, Laddie, and George. And my favorite TV dog was a German shepherd, Rin-Tin-Tin--so I've always been partial to GS's. Fritz is quiet, no barking, and pretty low-key. He follows me out to mow and sticks around until I'm finished. He usually comes when called and sits when you tell him to. I am enjoying his company. Mostly he hangs out with the horses and under the hay shed during the day and sleeps out there at night. I put out food for him and he nibbles at it whenever (doesn't seem to have the voracious appetite that Powell and Nepal have). All in all I am very happy to have Fritz down here on the farm with us. I hope he will be happy. So far, so good!



6 comments:
Cute pictures. He is looking pretty good. I hope he works out for you. This is the year of the dogs I guess.
P.S. If you do decide to dress him up--how about some lederhosen and a german hat with a feather? Ha, Ha.
Mom, he is so cute. He sounds like the perfect companion. Makes me want to get a dog. In a couple of pictures he looks a lot like Fred to me! I think next time we get a dog, we will get one that is older and NOT a puppy. They are adorable, but too much work when you have 2 almost 3 human "puppies" of your own!
You're right Debbie. Sometimes older is better :-) Denise, I love your idea for a dress-up outfit. I'll work on it for Halloween!
He has his tounge sticking WAY out in almost every picture!! That's funny! He is a very pretty (handsome?) dog, though... I laughed at the "tip-toeing in the tulips" caption. Can't wait to meet him... suonds like a perfect companion.
Lorie, my tongue was hanging out, too. I had been following him all over the yard for about half an hour snapping the camera at him. I tried to get him to suck in his tongue, but got tired of waiting.
Post a Comment