
I felt especially attached to this year's tree as it was one we cut down that was growing in a crowded place in our back yard. Debbie had planted it as a seedling when she was in Young Women, so I called it my "Debbie tree." It was beautiful! It was hard to take it down when the time came, but it will return to nature on the riverbank.
And the trees around the house during yesterday's snow storm looked so pretty as their branches caught the gently falling snow and held on to it. Here is "Doug's tree" (planted by Aunt Alice's family in memory of Doug).

When we drove up to the house last night after spending the afternoon in Rigby, I told Pete it looked like we really did live in the woods now that the trees we planted have grown up around the house. I love it!


Let's all go out and PLANT MORE TREES!!!
4 comments:
Mom--I love trees so much too! Its funny though because one of my complaints about Alaska is there are too many trees! Doesn't make sense does it? I do love the trees, I guess I just appreciated them more in Idaho because there were less of them. I remember in Logan one of my favorite things to do was go to the quad, or the park, and lay on the grass and look up at the sky through the leaves of the big trees. Your pictures are beautiful!
...Until it comes time to rake the leaves! :)
Those are some beautiful pictures. Looks like you're enjoying some more snow.
I do love your yard and landscaping and the stories behind some of your trees.
Post a Comment