Monday, November 24, 2008

Daniel THE EAGLE

Daniel repeats the pledge or vows or whatever it was he had to do to become an official Eagle Scout. It was an impressive ceremony. Wish I had snapped a photo of the Veterans of Foreign Wars who presented a beautiful American flag to Daniel. Peter thought the veteran of the 2nd WW looked like "death warmed over." He was pretty pale and feeble, but was still able to dress up in his uniform and do his duty.

Steve and Denise were asked to say a few words on the spur of the moment. Daniel looks a little apprehensive about what his Dad might say. Grandpa Peter also got the opportunity to make some remarks.
We were really proud of Daniel. It is a LOT of work to achieve the Eagle rank.

Denise's brother Kurt sculpted this beautiful eagle head and gave it to Daniel as a reminder of his achievement and his commitment to high standards.

Peter and I were glad we were able to attend Daniel's Court of Honor. It was very inspiring. Denise had made a video showing Daniel from Cub Scout age on through his scouting career. It was awesome. After the ceremony we enjoyed delicious brownies made by Ileen Robinette. Then we went to the Cannon home for a yummy supper before heading back to Shelley. What a special afternoon.

3 comments:

Steve and Denise said...

Those are some nice pictures--I'll have to get copies. I do agree about the death-warmed over veteran. I didn't get a picture of him, but I did have one of Daniel and his Grandpa. I'll put it on our blog. Thanks again for coming.

Debbie said...

Wish we could've been there! That looks like fun. I love the eagle head--Aaron will be interested in seeing that!

bgtaylor said...

Congratulations to Daniel and Steve and Denise! That's awesome! And Daniel is a handsome young man.