Anyway, here is about the funniest thing that happened on our recent visit to Alaska: the night before we left I was holding Tyler on my lap and we were talking face to face--up close. He has been fascinated by watches--takes Grandpa's off and tosses it around the room; then wants to see mine. He especially likes it because it is shiny and stretchy. So I told him I'd have to go shopping and see if I could find a watch for him. He seemed pretty excited about that. All of a sudden, without any warning, he reached up with both hands, grabbed the neck of my shirt, pulled it down and took a peek--then looked up at me and asked: "Is that your privates?" It was all I could do to control my desire to burst out in laughter and try to stay calm, saying, "Yep!" He seemed satisfied and we went on with our conversation about watches. Honestly, you never know what kids will come up with next. Guess that's part of their charm.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
What is private???
Aaron's sister Amber took this photo of Sadie and Tyler and made me a copy to bring home. They really do look like angels . . . but . . . can sometimes be a bit devilish! (Can't we all??)
Anyway, here is about the funniest thing that happened on our recent visit to Alaska: the night before we left I was holding Tyler on my lap and we were talking face to face--up close. He has been fascinated by watches--takes Grandpa's off and tosses it around the room; then wants to see mine. He especially likes it because it is shiny and stretchy. So I told him I'd have to go shopping and see if I could find a watch for him. He seemed pretty excited about that. All of a sudden, without any warning, he reached up with both hands, grabbed the neck of my shirt, pulled it down and took a peek--then looked up at me and asked: "Is that your privates?" It was all I could do to control my desire to burst out in laughter and try to stay calm, saying, "Yep!" He seemed satisfied and we went on with our conversation about watches. Honestly, you never know what kids will come up with next. Guess that's part of their charm.
Anyway, here is about the funniest thing that happened on our recent visit to Alaska: the night before we left I was holding Tyler on my lap and we were talking face to face--up close. He has been fascinated by watches--takes Grandpa's off and tosses it around the room; then wants to see mine. He especially likes it because it is shiny and stretchy. So I told him I'd have to go shopping and see if I could find a watch for him. He seemed pretty excited about that. All of a sudden, without any warning, he reached up with both hands, grabbed the neck of my shirt, pulled it down and took a peek--then looked up at me and asked: "Is that your privates?" It was all I could do to control my desire to burst out in laughter and try to stay calm, saying, "Yep!" He seemed satisfied and we went on with our conversation about watches. Honestly, you never know what kids will come up with next. Guess that's part of their charm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mom, thanks for being such a good sport about it:) He definitely knows which parts are private, but doesn't yet understand the concept of keeping them private--obviously!!! We had so much fun with you here. Our land-line has been disconnected since we've remodeled, so that's why you couldn't get through the other night....getting it hooked back up is on our never-ending list of things to do! Tyler and Sadie have been talking about Grandma and Grandpa Cannon almost non-stop. Thanks again for making the trek up here to see us!!!
That is hilarious. I don't know how you kept form laughing.
You should have told him, "NOT ANYMORE!!".
Post a Comment