Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Sailing

July 4th was the perfect HOT summer afternoon for the boys to try out a new water toy.  This one was built by Ryan--it was going to be a sailing rig, but he's still working out the bugs for that.  The kids had tons of fun with it anyway!  It was fun having Jacob here to spend the weekend.  He went fishing and took the key out of the 4-wheeler; it somehow worked it's way out of his pocket and he couldn't find it.  We borrowed a metal detector to continue the search.  Still no luck, but he found some usable fish hooks!  The kids had fun with the metal detector--so that was an added bonus!





Cole is such a happy baby!  He loves trying out new things, such as picking the clover and tasting it!  From that big smile, I think it must have been yummy.


Pete was so excited to get his John Deere "R" up and running for a new season.  He hooked up the HUGE trailer to give everyone rides and then decided it would make a perfect giant-sized diving board.  So he maneuvered it into position and watched happily as the kids and Richard did Cannon-balls over the edge.  The water wasn't all that deep, so no head-first diving allowed!


Chris took Cole into the pond on his lilypad and he seemed to love paddling and wiggling around in the cool water.



Of course, I was content to sit in my gazebo and snap a few photos of everyone having a good time. 

It was a great afternoon followed up by a 4th of July picnic in the back yard:  hamburgers with all the trimmings, veggies & dip, jello, baked beans, chips, punch, cookies and marbled brownies.  Later in the evening the younger guys (plus older Aunt Charlotte--the 80 year old+ energizer bunny) headed for Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks.  Pete and I spent the evening here together, just relaxing and going to bed EARLY!  I watched a few fireworks on TV before falling asleep in my recliner . . .  But I'm as grateful as the next person for the privilege of living in this beautiful free land.  We are so blessed.

3 comments:

RC inskeep said...

I had a great 4th of July...thanks for adding to it!!!
It was so fun to be out on the pond again.

Lorie said...

Why in heaven's name did you put that picture of me in there! uuugg!! it's a little close! :) The rest of the pictures are adorable.

Arlene said...

I liked that picture of you! Shows your quiet, sensitive side. But I'll remove it . . .