Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Masquerade and Scavenger Hunt

The scavenger hunt teams both came upon the same beaver riddled tree and had similar ideas for their bonus photos:

The annual family Halloween party took a few new twists this year. We started with a Friday night sleep over and pizza party; French toast and sausage breakfast; free time fun and games; chili lunch in the decorated garage; photo scavenger hunt around Gem pond; bocce ball around Cannon pond; scavenger slide show with donuts and apple juice. I had a great time. It was good medicine for me after a couple months of not feeling very good. The costumes were simplified, but we had to dress up a bit for pictures!




It was a beautiful, warm, pleasant afternoon. We seprated into two teams: boys vs girls and headed off to photograph the required items. Here are a few of my favorites:

The girls' human pyramid:
The boys Nature Close-up (sampling true down-to-earth nature: horse biscuits).

Drewby models his stylish Weed Hair (this fad could catch on!):

A Bird (Daniel was a big hit with his interpretation of a mama eagle):

The boys' team also scored with their version of Camouflaged People:

The girls' cat-tail weenie roast looked pretty authentic:

But you've got to love the emotion-charged human pyramid created by the boys:

Overall, we agreed that the boys' team won the contest! They were much more unhibited than the girls. It was a fun and entertaining afternoon.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

How fun!!! Looks like perfect weather too. That is really a fun idea. I love the cattail roast. Very clever. Wish we could have been there! (I feel like I say that every time I comment on here:)

Lorie said...

Mucho fun and beautiful weather that day. Thanks for all your work. I loved how the pictures turned out and am very impressed with the creativity of our boys.

Marilyn said...

What a fun day. We miss your awesome Halloween parites. The other day I was telling one of my friends about the great parties that you did (and still do) every year! I have the BEST memories of Halloween and still love to dress-up.