Thursday, June 10, 2010
ONGOING SAGA OF THE RIVERBANK ANIMALS
When I went to mow the other day I came upon this grizzly scene. I thought it was rather amazing that the little marmot was laying on his back in that position--dead as a doornail! I suspect that Fritz the Marmot Killer had been at work again. I couldn't resist the urge to place some dandilions on his chest and run for the camera. It was just quite an emotional scene!

I enlisted Daniel's help to move the poor little fellow to a more secluded resting place. Daniel was surprised at how heavy the marmot was. And he was too big for the shovel, so we rolled him onto a piece of cardboard and Daniel transported Mr. Marmot to the river bank where he will be able to rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What about the cute little mice in the basement vent?!
Marmots on the riverbank are LOTS cuter! And don't smell nearly as bad :(
Post a Comment